WAM! (Worship, Art, Music)
Participants of WAM! will present the musical Esther, by Erik Whitehill, at 10:30 a.m. worship, Sunday, July 17, and will need to be at all practice sessions!
- Who: All children who have completed grades 1–7; Augustana children and friends in the community!
- What: Learn how to create scenery, backdrops and props; explore your dramatic side; sing and discover great music!
- When: July 11–17, (Monday through Friday, 9 a.m.–2 p.m., Saturday, 9 a.m.–noon, and Sunday morning worship, 10:30 a.m.)
- Where: Augustana Lutheran Church
- Cost: $50 per child; $75 cap for families
- Register: Online registration below
Each weekday begins at 9 a.m. and concludes at 2 p.m. Every day includes breakout sessions in art, dance, drama and music. On Sunday, July 17 at 10:30 a.m. worship, we will present Esther.
The daring, triumphant story of Esther is brought to vivid life in this new musical by composer Erik Whitehill. Through the story of Esther, travel to the citadel of Susa where King Ahasuerus names Esther his new queen and where Esther faces the decision of her life. Will wicked Haman prevail? Or will selfless Mordecai convince Esther to trust in God and save her people? With a nod to Broadway, Esther is filled with memorable melodies—from fun and whimsical reprises to expressive, heartfelt ballads.
Participants are expected to participate each day, culminating in the Sunday worship and presentation of the musical Esther.
We need volunteers. If you or your teenager are going to sign up as a volunteer, please contact Cindy Lindeen-Martin for a volunteer form.
We can’t wait to see YOU at WAM!
Cindy, Angela, and Marcia