Augustana Arts, Inc. is an independent 501 (c) (3) non-profit corporation dedicated to providing cultural programming to the Denver metropolitan community. It was formed in 1997 as an outgrowth of the activities of the Augustana Lutheran Church Concert Series. The mission of Augustana Arts is to “Gather Community, Support the Arts and Delight the Spirit.”
Augustana Arts annually reaches 8,000–10,000 community members through concerts, music showcases, and arts education programs. It has become an important arts resource for the community, reaching out in particular to underserved populations. Augustana Arts enriches the cultural life of the metro Denver area by providing a number of services to the general public and to the artistic community:
- An annual concert series presenting nationally and internationally renowned artists.
- Significant musical concerts and performance opportunities for many area artists.
- Operating a life-changing City Strings program which provides lessons in string instruments (violin, viola, and cello) to at-risk children from low-income families.
- Managing resident groups: the Stratus Chamber Orchestra, the Colorado Women’s Chorale, and Colorado Men’s Chorale to serve metro audiences and the performing sector of musicians and singers with highest quality artistic goals and operations.
- Bringing music to those who can’t always attend concerts including ensemble showcases at care facilities, retirement centers, early learning centers, civic events, etc.
- Enabling easy access to great concerts through modest pricing and discounts.
- Assisting those persons without means to attend concerts through the distribution of free tickets through our partners at the well-respected organization, ArtReach.
- Mount collaborations with other Denver institutions to provide programs of interest to all the community
- Provide opportunities for people with an interest in the arts to volunteer.
We are grateful for the generosity and hands on support of so many of the Augustana Lutheran Church family. For more information about Augustana Arts, please visit the website at www.augustanaarts.org.