You are invited to join Sheryl Stenseth, Augustana Faith Community Nurse, on a six-week journey toward better health. The Daniel Plan is a practical lifestyle program designed to improve your health at every level. We will be taking this journey one step at a time, meeting Wednesday mornings, 9:30–11 a.m., in the Anna Paulson Room, beginning July 27.
The Daniel Plan is a healthy lifestyle program founded on biblical principles and focused on the following essentials:
- Faith: God is the power and energy behind all transformational change and that includes making the lifestyle choices necessary for you to become healthy. Together we will discover that you have a part to play in getting healthier, but God will energize your efforts and give you his strength to do it (Philippians 4:13).
- Food: The Daniel Plan is about abundance, not deprivation. You will be invited to eat delicious whole foods that bring vitality and energy to your body and mind (1 Corinthians 10:31).
- Fitness: The most effective form of exercise you can do is the one that you will actually do. You will be encouraged to discover movement that you will enjoy and treat your body as a gift from God (1 Corinthians 6:19–20).
- Focus: In a world where many distractions compete for your attention, it is more important than ever to renew your mind with truth (Romans 12:2) and break negative thought patterns.
- Friends: When it comes to getting healthy, two are always better than one (Ecclesiastes 4:9). The Bible says God created the universe in such a way that we need each other. One of the key beliefs in The Daniel Plan is that everybody needs a buddy because, in truth, we are better together.
Interested? Sheryl and Julie will have books available for you to look at and will be accepting reservations for the class on Sundays, July 10 and 17. You can also register in Augustana’s office (303-388-4678 or by e-mail). Fee: $20 for the book and study guide.