Calling all hands for September 10!
God calls us to love our neighbors, confident in the unconditional love of Christ for all people. On September 10, we are doing just that by joining other ELCA Lutherans across the country on “God’s work. Our hands.” Sunday. Invite friends, put on your “God’s work. Our hands.” t-shirt, come to Fellowship Hall, pick a project, and put your hands to work!
- Beans and rice portioning for Metro Caring
- Toilet paper re-packaging for Metro Caring
- Knitting for Peace with Augustana’s Prayer Shawl Ministry
- Lunch and hygiene kit assembly and distribution to the homeless
- LEAPP into learning about advocacy and hunger
- Faith Formation and choir sign-ups
- Learn about the SAME Café (So All May Eat) and how Augustana’s community garden partners with them
- Food bag decorating for Project Angel Heart
- Fabric kit assembly for Lutheran World Relief
Donate supplies for homeless kits
On “God’s work. Our hands.” Sunday, Augustana’s Children, Youth, and Family Ministry will be assembling and distributing lunches and hygiene kits for Denver’s homeless people. Supplies are needed such as bottled water, cans of tuna, and travel size sunscreen and wet wipes. Visit this link to donate, and thank you!
Need a t-shirt for “God’s work. Our hands.” Sunday?
We have a limited supply in Augustana’s office, so stop by if you need one to wear on Sunday, September 10.
“Hand Hood” Lunch
Enjoy a “hand-food” lunch of sandwiches, fruit, and corn-on-the-cob following 10:30 a.m. worship on “God’s work. Our hands.” Sunday. Paul Blanchard and his team will be serving it up in the courtyard. If you are available to help prep or clean up, contact Augustana’s office (303-388-4678 or firstname.lastname@example.org) or mark your interest on the worship registration slip.
As part of our celebration of “God’s work. Our hands.” Sunday, Augustana will welcome Andrew Steele as our guest preacher. He will bring us the Gospel that day as well as bring thanks for Augustana’s long-time support of the ELCA World Hunger ministry.