“God’s work. Our hands.” Sunday is September 11!
On that day, don your gold “God’s work. Our hands.” t-shirt (or get one at Augustana that morning), and come prepared to worship and work. A variety of service opportunities will be available for kids and adults, 9–10:15 a.m. and after 10:30 a.m. worship, and a “hand food” lunch will be served after 10:30 a.m. worship.
On that day you can also register for Sunday school and JASS and learn about and sign up for many of Augustana’s ministries and activities.
There will be projects for hands of all ages:
- Sunday school and choir sign-ups
- Augustana ministry sign-ups
- Thank-you note writing to local emergency responders
- Bread for the World advocacy letter writing
- Community garden tours and harvest (produce permitting). SAME Café, a recipient of our produce, will have representatives here to share information about their program.
- Knitting4Peace with the Prayer Shawl Ministry
- Leetsdale Drive and Dakota parking lot clean-up (tongs and bags provided)
- ANSAR Pantry cleaning and food re-packaging. This project is limited to ten volunteers and will take place after the “hand food” lunch. We will ride the van to ANSAR and work approximately 1–1/2 hours. Please contact Augustana’s office (303-388-4678 or e-mail) by August 28 to sign up!
- Decorating food bags for Project Angel Heart
- Brown bag lunch assembly and distribution to the homeless
- Toilet paper re-packaging for Metro Caring
- Beans and rice portioning for Metro Caring
“Hand food” lunch!
Augustana will serve a “hand food” lunch at 11:30 a.m. in the courtyard and Fellowship Hall. If you can help during one of the shifts below, contact Augustana’s office (303-388-4678 or e-mail). Thanks!
- 10:30–11:30 a.m. prep shift
- 11:30 a.m.–12:30 p.m. serving shift
- 12:30–1:30 p.m. clean up shift