Day of Pentecost
Worship at Augustana on Pentecost Sunday, May 24 at 8 a.m. and 10:30 a.m. Holy Communion will be served at both services in Augustana’s sanctuary, we’ll baptize a couple babies, and new members will be welcomed! The color of the day is red with red geraniums in the Pentecost Garden. Wear red and come and worship!
Personal Care Kits due this Sunday, May 24!
Augustana is collecting Personal Care Kits for Lutheran World Relief. LWR distributes Personal Care Kits to refugees such as those recovering from disaster or fleeing from violence.
To assemble a kit, include the following:
- 1 light-weight bath-size towel (maximum 52″ x 27″), dark color recommended
- 2 bath-size bars of soap (4 to 5 oz.), any brand, in original wrapping
- 1 adult-size toothbrush in its original packaging
- 1 sturdy comb, remove packaging
- 1 metal nail clippers (attached file optional), remove packaging
Toothbrush multi-packs may be used by sealing an individual toothbrush in a business-size envelope—no plastic bags or wrap.
- Do not add other items or leave out any of the items listed. All items should be new and in good condition. Wrap all the items in the towel and tie securely with ribbons or yarn. Do not enclose it or any of its contents in plastic bags.
- Do not donate items with any religious symbols, messages, or your congregation’s name.
- Do not donate any items decorated with a U.S. flag, patriotic or military symbols, or references to the armed forces, including camouflage.
Bring kits to the box in Augustana’s Fellowship Hall by this Sunday, May 24!
Memorial Day Schedule
Augustana’s office will be closed for Memorial Day, Monday, May 25. If you have an emergency, call the emergency line (303-862-3027).
Boys Choir at Augustana Worship in June
On Sunday, June 14, at 10:30 a.m., the International award-winning North Star Boys Choir from Corcoran, Minnesota will sing in worship. If you can provide a place for two boys (age 9–14) or a couple of adults for one night, June 13, please contact housing coordinator Marcia Olson(firstname.lastname@example.org).
Vacation Bible School, July 6-10
Join us for Vacation Bible School this summer, July 6–10,9–11:30 a.m. Students may stay for lunch with the Early Learning Center if needed and be picked up at noon.
We will be taking a cross-cultural trip through Thailand! Our Thailand Trek will focus on one key biblical concept—how God loves the world. The Bible Point is reinforced daily through Bible adventures, key Bible verses, songs, snacks, and hands-on activities that help kids know more about God and God’s love for them.
Registration is open to all children kindergarten through 5th grade. Cost is $35 per student or $60 per household. Scholarships are available—please contact Yvonne Wilken(email@example.com or 303-388-4678 ext. 107) if you would like more information.