Download this update, crafted by Augustana Property Committee member Jeff Ziebarth, with news on timing, progress, budgeting, and bids.
- Painting: The interior of the church has been painted. We tried to match the color to the original to keep the space bright.
- Roof: Bidding has been completed to have the roof replaced. We have secured three bids and are in the process of awarding the contract.
- Lighting: The original estimate called for the replacement of all lighting in the sanctuary and new up-lights for the Bell Tower. Unfortunately, the existing control panel can’t handle the new LED lighting and would actually cause the lights to “strobe.” A replacement panel has been ordered.
- Sound System: New electrical work is required for the installation of the equipment and a contractor has been secured for that work. Estimated completion of the sound system is early to mid-November.
- Organ: We have a solid bid for the work to be done on the organ. Work is expected to be performed in the spring.