On Sunday, January 29, 9–10:30 a.m., in Fellowship Hall, you can support Lutheran World Relief by assembling or donating personal care kits.
Each kit includes:
- Light-weight bath towel, 20 in. x 40 in. to 52 in. x 27 in. (dark color recommended)
- 2 or 3 bath-size bars of soap, 8–9 oz., in original wrapping
- 1 adult-size toothbrush in original wrapping or in an envelope
- 1 sturdy comb, remove wrapping (no picks or fine-toothed combs)
- 1 metal nail clippers, remove wrapping
You may either bring an assembled care kit or bring items to be assembled. If you choose to bring items, you can simply bring a volume of one item, like 10 combs, so it will make shopping easy! A Thrivent Action Grant has been requested for this project.
- Please give new items only, except where otherwise noted.
- Please do not donate items with any religious symbols, messages, or your group’s name.
- Please do not donate any items decorated with a U.S. flag, patriotic or military symbols, or references to the armed forces, including camouflage.
- Do not add other items or leave out any of the items listed.
- All items should be new and in good condition.
- Do not enclose the kit or any of its contents in plastic bags.
Personal care kits are distributed to people who have lost everything from a natural disaster or life-threatening violence. When people arrive at a refugee camp they are grateful for soap and a toothbrush—and that someone cares for them. Omar, a 9-year-old who fled from Syria to Jordan, says: “Since I arrived in Jordan, this is the first time I received such a complete kit—thank you for my present.”
We look forward to joining in community for this day of local and global outreach!