Early Learning Center Director
Augustana Early Learning Center (AELC) of Augustana Lutheran Church, Denver
AELC is seeking an experienced Director for its Early Learning Center that includes daycare, preschool, and Kindergarten classrooms. The Center is an NAEYC accredited preschool, Colorado Shines (Quality Rating and Improvement System) rated 4 out of 5, and a partner with the Denver Preschool Program. The center serves an average of 100 children during the school year, from 12 months of age through elementary school in all day and after-school programming. The summer program serves nearly 50% more children than during the school year.
Augustana Early Learning Center has served children and their families in the community for nearly 50 years, providing quality day care and education from age 12 months through Kindergarten with an after-school program for elementary children. It is a year-round program, which partners its programming in the summer with church youth programs.
Our philosophy involves offering a quality program within a developmentally appropriate framework. We believe that play is the primary vehicle through which young children learn. We offer a rich array of experiences and activities that are designed to foster self-discovery, autonomy, and freedom to learn and create within a secure environment. Activities are open-ended and non-competitive so that all children may experience success. We see the child as a whole, with needs in all developmental areas: physical, cognitive, social and emotional. We value the diversity that different children lend to our program and promote curriculum and activities that affirm children of any race, religion or culture.
The Director will provide leadership and oversight for Augustana Early Learning Center through daily management of staff and operations. This includes but is not limited to ensuring compliance with CDE licensing and NAEYC standards; staffing and scheduling of teachers in classrooms in accordance with enrollment; budget development and adherence; tuition billing and collection; teacher and staff hiring, supervision and development; parent orientation and resolving parent concerns; monitoring facility for safety and maintenance; and, providing regular reports to the board on all factors affecting the mission of the program. The ideal candidate will possess a complete knowledge of the regulatory environment, including compliance, licensor relationships, and the ability to adapt to regulatory changes.
The Director will be responsible for the development and maintenance of relationships with enrolled families, teachers, and the Board of Directors through excellent oral and written communication, meetings and events, and positive interactions, as outlined in the Communications Plan. The Director will be responsible for promoting the Early Learning Center in the community and driving new enrollments annually. The Director attends church staff meetings and reports to the AELC Board.
- Currently Director Qualified by the Colorado Department of Early Education.
- Bachelor’s degree in Early Childhood Education or related field, Masters preferred.
- A minimum of 2 years of experience preferred in a director or assistant director position in a daycare, preschool, or in early childhood education with evidence of experience in all aspects of center function.
- Must be able to work a full-time, on-site schedule, Monday through Friday.
- Must be able to pass full background check with finger-printing, in accordance with regulations
- Professional demeanor and the ability to uphold the mission, vision, and philosophies of AELC.
- Hire, supervise, review performance, and promote the professional development of all teachers and aides, and ensure age-appropriate curriculum development. Hire, supervise, review performance of AELC cook to ensure compliance with the Federal guidelines for the provision of nutritious meals and snacks.
- In conjunction with the Board of Directors and Board Treasurer, develop an annual budget. Responsible for adhering to the annual budget, and maintaining current billing and collection of tuition.
- Manage and ensure all student, family, and center record keeping, and required legal reporting and documentation in accordance with State guidelines and for state agencies, including monthly reporting to the Board of Directors. Ability to maintain AELC in compliance with NAEYC, Colorado Shines and State Licensing guidelines and protocols.
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills and experience in collaborative problem-solving, active listening, and customer service.
- Participate in church staff meetings to integrate church activities, such as charitable giving and summer programs, with ELC functions when appropriate. The ELC is a non-denominational community outreach program of the church.
- Carry out AELC Policies and Procedures as approved by the Board of Directors. Responsible for monthly Board Reporting on all matters affecting the mission of the program and its success, in accordance with standard reporting guidelines. Work collaboratively with the Board to develop a strategic plan to ensure the Center’s continued success, and to ensure the safety of children and staff.
Salary range and Benefits
- Salary range $45-55K commensurate with skills and experience.
- Health, Dental, and Life insurance
- FSA plan for medical and dependent care
- 403(b) participation available
Contact Information and application deadline
Send resume with a cover letter outlining your interest and the names and contact information for at least four professional references by May 15, 2018, to Donald Troike at email@example.com.
Send resume by May 15; target start date is July 2018.