Centering Prayer Classes come to Augustana this Lent
Centering Prayer is a type of contemplative prayer, a spiritual discipline that deepens relationship with God, a means to spiritual healing from personal struggles, and a way to open hearts to receive God’s deep love. Centering Prayer experts from the Center for Contemplative Living will teach participants this mode of prayer at each three-hour class and guide Wednesday practice sessions. You choose which class you would like to attend.
- First Sunday in Lent: February 26, 12:30–3:30 p.m. (following Sunday Lunch)
- First Saturday in Lent: March 4, 9 a.m.–noon (ending with lunch)
- Location is Anna Paulson Room at Augustana
- Cost: $10/person (includes lunch)
- Scholarships from Health Ministry are available to cover cost
- Appropriate for youth in high school and all adults
- Sponsored by Augustana’s E4 Mental Health Ministry
Four optional guided centering prayer practice sessions will be offered in Christ Chapel after Holden Evening prayer on Wednesdays in Lent, March 8, 15, 22, and 29, 7–7:30 p.m.
Register online below, or call Augustana’s office or Faith Community Nurse Sue Ann (303-388-4678). Upon hitting the submit button, you will be redirected to Augustana’s Giving page for the opportunity to make your $10 registration payment online.