In-Person Outdoor Worship
Augustana continues to hold in-person worship services through September. You are invited to worship and to celebrate Holy Communion with our congregation in the Augustana courtyard (between Fellowship Hall and the education wing). We are having outdoor services because the consensus is that gathering outdoors is the safest option at this time. Worship services will be held each Sunday, 8 a.m. and 9:30 am. Each service will be limited to 50 people at this time, and you must register to attend.
Online worship will continue to be held each Sunday as well on the Augustana website.
Register with Julie MacDougall (email@example.com or 303-388-4678 ext. 101) to let us know how many people are coming and to which service by 2 p.m. Thursday before the intended Sunday. Please include your contact phone number.
Here’s what you need to know:
- Please bring your own chair. We will have a few chairs available if anyone is unable to bring their own. The courtyard will be shaded.
- Please plan to wear a mask for the entire worship, except when receiving Communion
- If you are in a high-risk group (over 65 or with health conditions), please consider carefully whether this gathering is appropriate for you.
- Communion servings of the wafer only will be individually contained and distributed as you come into the courtyard.
- Please maintain a physical distance of six feet from others not in your household
- Please use the restroom before coming as the indoor restrooms will only be for emergency use
- The worship service will be very different from our usual Sunday worship and will be shorter. Congregational singing and speaking is not recommended because it spreads the droplets that contain coronavirus. There will be instrumental music, scripture, sermon, prayers and Holy Communion.
- An offering plate will be available as you enter and exit the courtyard.
- If you made a reservation for worship but feel sick or have a fever on Sunday morning, stay at home.