Full Time Position Description
Minister of Music and Organist
Augustana Lutheran Church,
Position Summary: As an expression of faith, music is deeply important to the congregation of Augustana Lutheran Church. The mission of the Minister of Music and Organist is not only to organize and carry out excellent music for worship services but also to connect with the congregation and the wider community through concerts, education, and collaboration. Providing organ and piano music for the liturgy and hymns as well as accompaniment for the 40-voice Chancel Choir is at the heart of the position. In partnership with Augustana Arts and its Stratus Chamber Orchestra, large works for choir, orchestra, and organ are presented several times throughout the year. Thus, Augustana Lutheran Church is seeking a full-time Minister of Music and Organist to undergird Augustana’s rich liturgical worship as we carry out our mission to worship Jesus, grow in faith and go serve in the world.
Augustana is a thriving Denver faith community with a rich 140-year history. Located in the Hilltop neighborhood, Augustana has long been identified as a place of musical excellence, both within the congregation and the wider community. We worship in ways that are authentic, Christ-centered, and that lift up God’s grace. We use our musical gifts and sacred space to inspire our worship.
How to apply:
- Apply at this link
- Complete the online form
- Submit the URL of up to three videos depicting you playing organ and possibly directing a choir or handbell choir if that is available since the position includes directing the adult handbell choir.
- Upload a cover letter and resumé
- Be sure to click on “submit” at the end of the form
- Deadline for priority consideration is August 1, 2021
- Applications will be received through August 15, 2021
Email the Rev. Kent Mueller at firstname.lastname@example.org