Outdoor worship in October: one service at a new time
Sundays, October 4, 11, 18, and 25, 10:30 a.m., Courtyard
Thanks to everyone who participated in our outdoor worship this August and September! It is a wonderful time to hear God’s Word, be a community, and share the sacrament of Holy Communion. Feedback from the congregation has helped staff make the decision to continue the outdoor worship opportunity through October. Because the temperatures will be cooler in the morning, we will have just one worship service at 10:30 a.m. The attendance limit will be 60 people.
If you plan to come to worship, continue to register with Julie MacDougall at 303-388-4678 ext. 101 or by email by 2 p.m. on the Thursday prior to the intended Sunday. If the weather is inclement, in-person worship will be cancelled, and those registered will be notified.
Here’s what you need to know:
- Please bring your own chair. We will have a few chairs available if anyone is unable to bring their own. The courtyard will be shaded.
- Please plan to wear a mask for the entire worship, except when receiving Communion
- If you are in a high-risk group (over 65 or with health conditions), please consider carefully whether this gathering is appropriate for you.
- Holy Communion will be offered with both bread and wine or grape juice.
- Please maintain a physical distance of six feet from others not in your household
- Please use the restroom before coming as the indoor restrooms will only be for emergency use
- The worship service will be very different from our usual Sunday worship and will be shorter. Congregational singing and speaking is not recommended because it spreads the droplets that contain coronavirus. There will be instrumental music, scripture, sermon, prayers and Holy Communion.
- An offering plate will be available as you enter and exit the courtyard.
- If you made a reservation for worship but feel sick or have a fever on Sunday morning, stay at home.