Reopening Task Force Update
As we carefully move toward getting back to normal, and after reviewing relaxed federal, state and local guidelines, Augustana’s Reopening Task Force has concluded that we may safely modify many of our worship protocols, as follows:
- Worship Registration: Advance registration is no longer required for either the 8 a.m. service or the 10:30 a.m. service.
- Holy Communion: Once enough volunteers are recruited to help with logistics, congregants may come forward to receive communion from the pastors, or continue to have the option of picking up a communion kit on their way into worship to give themselves communion in their pews.
- Masks: At both services following the honor system, masks are now optional for those who have been fully vaccinated. However, during indoor 10:30 a.m. worship, it is still recommended that while singing, worshipers put on their masks. Unvaccinated people should continue to wear masks at all times during both services. Remember, our goal is to ensure a safe worship environment for all who attend, including unvaccinated children and attendees who are at high risk of infection.
- Social Distancing: Sanctuary seating will now be fully open, and individual and family worshipers are asked to seat themselves with a social distance of at least 3 feet from others.
- Christ Chapel: Once the outdoor tent is dismantled in mid-September, 8 a.m. worship in Christ Chapel will resume. Reopening guidelines will be developed based on current trends at the next Task Force meeting on August 9 and then be published in the Tower, ePistle and Augustana’s website.