Augustana’s Reopening Task Force is pleased to announce plans for in-person worship at Augustana.
- As of May 1, Augustana offers outdoor in-person worship at 8 a.m. in Augustana’s courtyard. Capacity is limited to 50, and preregistration is required. Click here for details and to register.
- As of May 30, Augustana offers in-person worship at 10:30 a.m. in Augustana’s sanctuary. Capacity is limited to 125, and preregistration is required. Click here for details and to register.
- Registration for worship closes at 7 a.m. Sunday or when capacity is reached.
- Masks are optional at 8 a.m. outdoor worship for fully vaccinated individuals, who can decide whether or not to wear a mask. We will follow the honor system.
- We will still be asking everyone to wear a mask at the 10:30 a.m. worship, because beginning Sunday, June 20, the assembly resumed singing! As we have noted before, indoor singing is a higher-risk activity due to the expelling of respiratory droplets that can hang in the air for hours, so singing with masks will initially be required.
- Social distancing with seating will continue with self-seating upon arrival and self-dismissal.
We rely on our congregation to make good decisions that are in line with the Center for Disease Control, local, state, and Rocky Mountain Synod guidelines, upon which these recommendations have been based.
These recommendations by your Reopening Task Force have been approved by your congregation council. Stay tuned for further progress with movement forward as we go through the summer months.
Augustana’s Reopening Task Force